Moms do so much for their families on a daily basis. From cooking meals to scheduling events and chauffeuring kids, moms wear a lot of hats. It's easy to take these things for granted, but Mother's Day serves as the perfect reminder to say "thank you." Gifts can be thoughtful and heartfelt, but making memories together can often be a lot more meaningful. Even if you are getting your mom a gift, doing a family activity together can make the day even more special.
Make Memories On Mother's Day With These Ideas
Choosing the perfect Mother's Day activity can be hard. It's important to pick something you know your mom will enjoy, even if it's not something you would choose. Here are 10 ideas for making Mother's Day special.
- Have everyone agree to let mom sleep in. Moms are often the first ones up in the morning and the last to bed. Let your mom get the sleep she deserves on Mother's Day.
- Make Mother's Day "coupons" filled with various chores that mom usually does. Let your mom redeem them whenever she needs a break.
- Pamper your mom by giving her a spa day at home. Get everything ready by laying out a comfy bath robe, setting out candles and grabbing a book or magazine for her to read. Most importantly, make sure she can relax with no interruptions!
- Have a family game night. Sometimes moms just want to spend quality time together where no one is distracted by the TV or their cell phones. Put everything away and enjoy a fun competition with a favorite board game.
- Go on an adventure and try something new. Rock climbing, paddle boarding or kayaking are all fun ways to get active on Mother's Day.
- Do some gardening together. Instead of buying a bouquet of flowers that only lasts a few days, plant some seeds in the garden and watch them grow all summer.
- Go shopping downtown in a new city. Most small towns have a few boutiques or antique stores that are hidden gems. Head for a nearby town that you've never visited and take in their local businesses.
- Take your crafty mom to a high-end yarn store or art supply shop and treat her to some extra-special materials she might not have bought for herself.
- If your mom is always on the go, give her a relaxing day in. Grab some of her favorite snacks beforehand and spend the day watching her favorite movies together.
- Help charity together. Mother's Day is the perfect time for families to get together and give back to others. Whether you're working on a project in the community or making a donation, there are plenty of ways to give back.
Donate Your Car On Mother's Day
If giving back to others is part of your Mother's Day plans, Wheels For Wishes is a great option. Our car donation program is an easy and hassle-free way to make a difference for kids in your community. We also make it easy to get rid of nearly any vehicle, even if it doesn't run anymore. If you've been holding onto an unwanted vehicle, now is the perfect time to donate it!
Donating a car only take a minute. Call us at 1-855-871-9474 or fill out an online car donation form now so you can spend the rest of the day celebrating Mother's Day!